First step is to start looking at houses right away. - BUSTED! First and foremost, it’s so important to learn about the home buying process. There’s a lot of legal documents you
5 reasons why RIGHT NOW is the best time to buy a house
Dated: August 31 2021
1. This summer the London real estate market seems to have cooled it's heels a little bit. Not a lot, but enough to make it easier for Buyers to snag a home that they actually like (instead of settling for whatever is available in their price range). As the dog days of summer come to an end, I'm also noticing the super intense bidding wars in some parts of the city have started to calm, which is great for everyone involved in the home buying process.
2. Mortgage interest rates are at all time lows. I’ve seen clients getting as low as 1.5% interest on mortgages in 2021 😁. Even if we see house prices start to even out and match the rate of inflation for the next little while (instead of those 40% per year increases), real estate has demonstrated over the last 30+ years just how much home prices can rise over time. For example, in 1985, the average home price in Toronto was $109,094 🙀 The average home price in Toronto as of July 2021 has reached $1,062,256 🙀🙀
3. Timing the market rarely works in anyone's benefit. Especially right now. Government policies and those once-in-a-hundred-year health events could have an impact on the trajectory of the housing market. So buy when it makes sense for you and your budget! Not only are you buying a place to live, you are also making an investment!
4. Waiting around for a cheaper price may never happen. Like I mentioned in the last point, you don’t know if/when something could change or initiate a shift. Working within this crazy housing market since Rony Rona started, we are just starting to see things get a little bit easier and you never know where you could find a good deal. You NEED to be actively working with a Realtor to be in the know!
5. This is hands down the most important reason! If you are thinking about buying, I know a really great Realtor who has 13+ years of experience and would love to take you out shopping, and tell you dad jokes 😂
Thinking about buying in the next few months? Have questions about the process? Want to read over a free copy of my Home Buyers guide? Or just want to chat about what's happening in the real estate market these days? I'm always available to chat!
Latest Blog Posts
Over the last 18 months, the value of real estate in Southwestern Ontario has increased exponentially. This probably has a lot of people really putting some serious thought into whether real estate
1. This summer the London real estate market seems to have cooled it's heels a little bit. Not a lot, but enough to make it easier for Buyers to snag a home that they actually like (instead of